A maximum of 30 places are available for each edition of the Specializing Master in Service Design. The Specializing Master invites applications from candidates with a degree, master’s degree, or university-level diploma in design, architecture or engineering. Candidates may also be specialized in non-polytechnic disciplines for whom polytechnic skills can significantly enhance their prior professional training.
The objectives of the Specializing Master are:
- to provide the specific training required to refine the design skills of students who have already acquired experience in the design sector;
- to enhance the basic skills of students with a background in other disciplines by furnishing them with theoretical knowledge and practical experience in service design;
- to furnish the means necessary to enhance the professional experience of students already in employment.
Selection is based on assessment of the candidate’s skills, aptitude, and experience, as well as his/her goals and expectations toward the programme. The assessment is made by the Master Board on the basis of the candidate’s:
- academic records;
- professional curriculum;
- (optional) interview (also by telephone).
Significant professional experience is also considered as a criterion for admission.
With regard to aptitude, the programme prioritizes highly-motivated candidates with creative and relational skills, curiosity, critical awareness, and a pragmatic mentality.
Conditional admission to the programme may be granted to:
- students enrolled at Italian universities whose final degree examination is scheduled for a date subsequent to the beginning of the Specializing Master;
- students with foreign degrees whose validation is not yet complete.
Admission to the Specializing Master may also be granted to students possessing Italian university diplomas or three-year degrees (awarded under the previous university regulations) or qualifications acquired in foreign countries, provided that they are accredited, submitted in the original format, translated, and certified by the Italian consular authorities in the country in which they have been awarded, and accompanied by a declaration of legal validity.
The Specializing Master costs 14.000€, including the fee for enrolment at the Politecnico di Milano. It is exempt from VAT under article 10 DPR 633/72.
The cost of enrolment in the Specializing Master permits a tax deduction of 19% falling under "university specialization courses".
DOCUMENTATION FOR ADMISSION
The application for admission must be submitted by 08/09/2018.
The application for admission must be submitted by 08/08/2018 for Italian/EU citizens with foreign Degree and Non-EU citizens residing abroad.
The following documents must be submitted by applicants:
- application form completed in all its parts;
- updated CV (with a photograph);
- motivation letter;
- letter of reference (optional);
- portfolio (optional);
- copy of the passport, demonstrating citizenship;
- scan copy of the original University Degree achieved and related translation in Italian/English/French or Spanish;
- scan copy of the official University transcripts and related translation in Italian/English/French or Spanish or the Diploma Supplement.
In case a candidate will pass the selection, for the enrollment he/she will have to deliver the Declaration of Value from the local Italian Diplomatic authorities, or an Official document issued by ENIC/NARIC centres.